Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On Influences

I realize I don't post often on here. And honestly, its not for lack of trying, its more of an "out of sight, out of mind" deal. That and lack of inspiration to write.

But today we lost probably the most famous author in the past 100 years - Ray Bradbury. Now, a lot of the hip cool youngsters these days don't know who Bradbury is. And, honestly, that's a shame, because the man wrote some of the greatest works of fiction I've ever read. From A Sound of Thunder to Farenheit 451, to countless others, Bradbury's works have influenced hundreds upon hundreds of writers around the world, including myself.

Personally? My favorite story of his is A Sound of Thunder. Though I'll admit, I've not read his entire library of works, so there might be one out there I'll enjoy far more.

I don't know where I'm going with this, really, I just kind of need to think out loud I guess. I mean, the name of this post is "On Influences", so You'd expect me to go into great detail on who's influenced me as a writer or artist or person or whatever the hell you want to apply that word to.

But no. I guess all I really wanted to say is that Ray Bradbury is one of the greatest creative minds ever to live, and yet his books and stories are no where near as famous as Twilight. And that makes me sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment