Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Few Hobbies

Well, it occurs to me that a few of my Hobbies are relatively unknown to most people. Personally, I couldn't care less if ya'll knew or didn't know about some of the things I like to do, but you know what? If ya wanna try somethin' new, just ask me.

So one of my favorite Hobbies which (I'm sad to say) is hard to attend thanks to school these days is Dagorhir. It's a HELLUVA lot of fun, and is perfect for anyone who's interested in Martial Arts. I'm not the best at Dag, but I can hold my own in most fights, but it doesn't help being a big guy when it comes to actually going to events and the like, since most people there are small and quick and can move a lot faster than I can. So I'm at a big disadvantage when I play, but I make up for it by (Trying) to use larger weapons to fend them off. I'm especially good at blocking with Pole-arms.

Oh wait, ya'll don't know what Dagorhir is yet, do you? Well, It's hard to explain, since most people consider it LARPing (Live Action Role Playing), which it really isn't. So here's a video for you to check out to see just what we do at a typical event.




Basically it boils down to whacking the Hell out of each other with Foam weapons. There ARE more advanced rules and the like, but it's too complicated to really cover in a single post.


Another thing I like to do is make my own Halloween Costumes. I'm always on a VERY tight budget (Usually 50 Bucks) which ironically end up being my better costumes than the ones I spend extra money on, like my Joker costume that cost over 400 Bucks (Real Purple Suit, Shipping and Handling, then Make-up and accessories). Whenever I make my own costumes, I almost ALWAYS end up having to do Make up of some kind, which I do myself. Considering I really don't know that much about make-up techniques and the like, I think I do pretty good for just my pinky finger and Reference Photos. Below are some pictures of my latest Costumes.

Joker (1st Version - Halloween 2008)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Joker (Version 2.0 - Spirit Week 2008)

Photobucket

Gene Simmons (1.0 - Spirit Week 2008 - 20$ Budget, End Cost 10 $)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ace Frehley (1.0 - Spirit Week 2008 - Costume for a Friend. I Was sad to throw this one away)

Photobucket


Mrs. Doubtfire (1.0 - Halloween 2007 - Budget: 5$, End Cost: 0$)

Photobucket



I have others on the way, and I'm hoping to Update my Joker Costume again this year (No time or money to finish the Ghostbusters Costume in time, Sadly. Disappoints me beyond measure). Up next on my list of projects is The Ghostbusters Costume, Gene Simmons 2.0, Barbarian Warrior, and then Roman Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment