Monday, September 14, 2009

Whelp...

Well, today was the first Monday at University of Michigan Dearborn. And while I'm sure the only people who read this as of now are UMD Students (And at least one Prof.) I feel like talking to you all as a whole about the experience.

To start things off, my truck tire was flat this morning, so I had to stop and get air in it, putting me about twenty minutes behind schedule after having to turn around and pick up the schedule I left at home. When I got to Campus, it was 9:40, and my first class (Math 080) was in the CASL building. And guess what? No parking places. I fought for over HALF AND HOUR to find a place until I lucked out at 10:09. Class starts in 11 minutes, and I'm all the way across campus from the classroom! HUZZAH!

So I'm about ten minutes late into the Class and things go hunky doory until I leave. As I leave, I drop my bag onto the ground spilling nigh on everything in it (Thank God for Velcro). Then, I need to take an emergency Pit Stop in both the Men's Room and the Bookstore to see if they have a book I need for LIBS in yet. They don't, and I'm even later than I should be. Thankfully, I get to class on time. And I mean, ON TIME. Not even three seconds after I sit down, here comes the Prof to start her lecture about Late Antiquity. HUZZAH!

Nothing much after that besides sitting around, waiting to find things of interest on my Laptop (HUZZAH FOR LOANS!). I uploaded a few .wav files to make my laptop more.... me, including WOPR from the movie Wargames as my start-up sound ("Greetings, Professor Falken.") and Robert Muldoon from one of my all-time favorite movies, Jurassic Park, as the shutdown sound ("Clever Girl..."). It beats the siren noises I was opting for from the Ghostbusters movies. Yeah, I wanna have a personalized Laptop, not one that'll annoy the Campus every time I turn her on (Double Entendre, Hooooo!)

Payed a visit to my old High School. Mostly to see some teachers, but I saw a few old friends who helped cheer me up today after a few of the bad experiences.

Also, after watching the "Music Channels" here on TV, my sister left it on her Kidz Only station (So it's mostly Disney Garbage) and they always leave little "Trivia" things about the singer up top or on the bottom of the screen. So how does Ashely Tisdale relate to "Wonder Woman is the most famous female Superhero" exactly? And, personally, I would argue that that title belongs to either Batgirl, Batwoman (They're too separate entities. One's Commissioner Gordon's daughter, the other is... well, lately she's a lesbian, but that's besides the point, I suppose), or even Catwoman (Yes, she's a criminal, but at times she does heroic things. I think she's more of a tragic hero than a criminal).


I leave you with this - Click on ads to make me money! Please? Hee hee. Also, just sit around and listen to some of the tunes I have up. Some of them are classics, some are funny (Any of the ones by Jonathan Coulton ["Re: Your Brains", "The Future Soon", "Still Alive"] are a blast), and some are just plain soothing. Great music for anywhere at anytime. And there's some variety for those who don't like, say Metal, or Geek Rock, or even Classic Rock. I have a few Orchestral pieces on there, too.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing extremely well at keeping this blog! I also read your responses to Damon's 9/11 post, and they were also very, very well crafted, argued, and thought through. Nice work.
    --k

    ReplyDelete