Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lennon/Dimebag

Imagine, All You Need is Love, War Is Over, Revolution, All are amazing songs either written or sung by The man who has influenced me the most; John Lennon.

Cowboys From Hell, Walk, Cat Scratch Fever, all three are songs that a great guitar player played on; Dimebag Darrel.

Today is the anniversary of their deaths. Each was shot by a fan. When Lennon died, the world Cried and New York commemorates his passing with the word "Imagine" in Central Park. When Dimebag died, the Metal world was crushed, and we remember him through his music and through Pantera.

Everyone's had that moment when you heard about someone you cared about dying. Unfortunately, I don't have one for Lennon, but for Dimebag I was listening to Ted Nugent on the radio when I heard it on the News. A one minute spot on the news for a legendary guitarist.

So to remember these greats, I've put up music that I feel captures just who they were. I've colored this Playlist differently to get your attention to it. It'll stay up there for the next three days(Four days total counting today), one to honor each of them and one to honor the families who lost someone.

It might be a bit... odd to hear "Imagine" and "Cowboys From Hell" Playing back to back, but... just do it, so that the memory of Lennon and Dimebag doesn't get lost to the population.

No comments:

Post a Comment