Sunday, December 20, 2009

End of a Journey

Well, as of Friday, I ended my first semester of College life. It was a lot of fun, full of ups and downs (Including my laptop breaking on me. Oh, by the way; Guess what I'm using right now?! :D ), but I can't really complain. Given what little I had to go on by stories told to me, I didn't expect much in the way of experiences, but I have to say that I was blown away. It was both easy and challenging. I made friends, I discovered old ones (Hell, my old HS Teacher attends UMD!!!) and really I have to admit; It was a f*cking blast.

Now, I still have things I need to do. I have to decide if the classes I registered for are truly what I want. I have to find out when the next semester actually STARTS, I have to buy books for next semester, etc. But most importantly, I need to find someone who will tell me WHAT THE HELL I NEED TO DO, in order to get both my Teaching Certificate, and get my BA in History and English (Or possibly Literature. I dunno if I can even TAKE Literature as a Second Major. Help me out, anyone? Anyone who might still look at this thing?)

My semester ended on a lower note than I had hoped for, what with my final... Final (Is that even a fecking SENTENCE?) being Math and, let's face it, I suck at Math. Even 080 Math. But before that, I got an ego boost. What I considered one of my worst works ever because it was so incredibly rushed and informal as an essay was praised as one of my best yet BECAUSE it was informal. Nothing feels better to a writer than hearing that someone loves your work, despite its flaws. Someone who can give you advice on how to get rid of those flaws. And hearing that I was one of the best writers in COMP class was a bonus. I know I'm a good writer and all, but I didn't think I was that good!

Anyways, I need to get back to writing the short story I'm writing for the Writing Contest (How many "Writing"s were in that sentence, exactly? Ha ha ha). Maybe I'll post it up here once I'm finished? Hm. Maybe.


Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and God Bless you all. Even if Ya'll don't read this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment